Park policies and info.
All policies are common sense and have other guest’s comfort and respect in mind.
Authority for the conduct of the Park is vested in the Wardens. If anyone on site disregards these policies, the site staff may ask them to leave the Park.
Please inform the wardens immediately if you have a concern or complaint.
- Guests are responsible for their caravans, cars and belongings. The proprietors accept no responsibility for theft, damage or injury while on the Park, however caused. Insurance is recommended.
Arrivals and Departures
- Arrival time is between 1pm and 8PM.
- Visitors must register at Reception on arrival.
- Touring caravans and tents should vacate their pitches by noon.
- Late Cancellation policy – Tourers and Wigwam bookings – Outside of 14 days prior to arrival, deposit and monies paid are firstly offered to be transferred to a future booking made within a year, or refunded. If cancelled within the 14 days arrival window and up to 3 days prior to arrival, no refund will be offered or given but monies can be transferred to a future booking made within a year. 3 days to arrival date – 100% charge. No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals, early departures, family emergencies, personal illness. For this we recommend holiday insurance.
- Early departure policy – Please refer to Late Cancellation Policy above. We reserve the right to change this policy during the season.
- Park entry gates are closed at night between 11 pm and 7 am. Please Park in the car park at the entrance if you plan to use your vehicle when gates are closed. Do not use your vehicle on the Park when gates are closed.
- A speed limit of 5mph (fast walking pace) applies throughout the Park.
- Parking – Fire Regulations stipulate that only one car per pitch is permitted. Additional cars should be parked in the car park.
- No commercial vehicles on the Park whether towing or not.
- Quad bikes, trials bikes and powered scooters/hoverboards or similar are not permitted on the Park for Health & Safety reasons.
- You must not use a drone, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying object on the Park.
- Car charging – we plan to have electric car chargers in the future. Plugging your car into the pitch electric socket will melt the connection. Meantime please use the EV charging facility in town.
- Please drive your vehicle with particular consideration for pedestrians, including children and other vulnerable road users, who have priority over vehicles on the caravan park roads. You must have a full current driving licence, insurance for the vehicle driven and follow the principles of road safety. Cars and motorhomes must have a valid road fund licence.
- Parents are responsible for providing all supervision of their children whilst on the Park and in the buildings. Children must not be allowed to play in the toilet/shower facilities.
- Play park opens at 9am and closes at 8pm or dusk – whichever is soonest. Be aware that nobody likes screaming kids and they may be asked to leave the play park.
Health, Safety and Environmental
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the public buildings. Please dispose of cigarette ends carefully in the receptacles provided.
- Litter must always be placed in the many refuse bins provided around the Park. No individual rubbish bins permitted on pitches. The irresponsible discard of litter, by any persons, adult or child, will not be tolerated. Scraps of food must not be “put out for the birds.”
- Calor Gas (LPG) bottles – please note that the maximum size of LPG cylinder permitted on touring site is 15 kg; cylinder to be stored upright in the caravan or motorhome locker. No cylinders to be left externally on your pitch.
- Recyclables – please help us achieve zero waste by using our recyclable bins located at the main entrance gates
- The use of engine driven generators is not permitted
- Bar B Qs must be kept off the grass and not put on the wooden picnic benches.
- Dogs are permitted on the Park provided that they are kept on short leads. They must not be allowed to soil the ground within the Park – accidents must be cleared up immediately. Dogs can be exercised on the extensive walks surrounding the Park – again, accidents must be cleared up immediately. Dogs must be supervised at all times on the Park and must not be left unattended. No dogs in Reception or Toilet Blocks except Guide dogs.
- Noise should not disturb others and should be kept to a minimum between 10pm and 8am
- Washing must be hung in the drying area or on caravan window hangers and NOT on trees or between caravans or tents.
- Contents of chemical toilets must be emptied only at the disposal points provided.
Thank you for your understanding.